Steve Smith is one of the most popular and talented Australian cricket players who is currently the vice-captain of the Australia national ticket team.
Smith is a right-handed batsman, top-order batsman, and right-arm leg-spin bowler who made his national team debut in 2010.
As of current, this cricketer is one of the top Australian cricketers who has made several records in cricket history and won multiple awards.
Similarly, Smith is an Australian One Day International Player of the Year in 2021. Likewise, in this article, we will discuss everything about Steve Smith, including his early life, career, awards, wife, and net worth.
Quick Facts: Steve Smith
|Celebrated Name||Steve Smith|
|Age||32 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Schmidt, Smudge, Smithy|
|Birth Name||Steven Peter Devereux Smith|
|Date of Birth||2 June 1989|
|Place of Birth||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Height||5 Feet 7 inches, i.e., 175 cm|
|Weight||78kg, i.e., 172 pounds|
|Eye Color||Light Blue|
|Net Worth||$21 Million|
Alfords Point Primary School
Menai High School
|Social Media||Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook|
Early Life and Family of Steve Smith
Steve Smith, an Australian professional cricketer, was born on June 2, 1989, in the beautiful location of Kogarah, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
He was born in a family of white ethnic groups holding the nationality of Australia.
Similarly, Steve was born to his father, Peter Smith, and Gillian Smith’s mother. His father was a chemist, and his mother was a homemaker.
Smith grew up along with his parents and an elder sister, Kristie Smith. Talking about his early life education, Steve went to the Menai High School in Illawong, Sydney, where he completed his high school.
From an early age, he used to play cricket from high school. Steve won several inter-school tournaments, which helped him to choose his career after high school.
How old is Steve Smith? Age and Body Measurements
Australian talented Cricketer Steve Smith is currently living in his early 30’s, i.e., 32 years of age, along with his beautiful wife.
Smith celebrates his annual birthday on the 2nd of June and falls under the zodiac sign of Gemini. It represents his personality as outgoing, intelligent, and adaptable.
Similarly, moving towards his physical appearance, Steve stands tall with an average body height of 5 Feet 7 inches, i.e., 175 cm.
Likewise, this cricketer weighs around 78kg, i.e., 172 pounds having a fit and athletic body.
Furthermore, Smith, with an athletic body, has a measurement of 40-32-12 inches representing his chest size, waist size, and bicep size, respectively.
In addition, this Australian is blessed with a pair of light blue eyes and blonde hair color.
Early Domestic Career
Smith made his professional career debut in 2007 as the Under 19 Australian cricketer. Similarly, at the 2008 Under-18 Cricket World Cup in Malaysia, Smith made his debut, making a huge 114 runs.
Likewise, he also made his first-class debut for New South Wales against Western Australia’s team on January 25, 2008.
Steve was also a New South Wales team member to win the 2009 Twenty20 Champions League. However, this cricketer ended his 2009-10 domestic season, where he made an average of 50 runs.
Indian Premier League
In 2010, he was signed by Royal Challengers Bangalore for the 2010 Indian Premier League. Likewise, during the 2011 IPL player auction, Steve was sold to Kochi Tuskers Kerala for $200,000.
Again, at the 2012 IPL Players Auction, Smith went to the Pune Warriors India as a replacement for Mitchell Marsh.
During his debut match for Pune Warriors against Mumbai Indians, he made 39 runs receiving the Man of the Match award.
Similarly, Steve Smith played for several more IPL teams, such as Rajasthan Royals in 2014, Rising Pune Supergiants in 2016, and against Rajasthan Royals in 2018.
Also, check Kane Williamson Career, Wife, and Net Worth>>
Steve made his International cricket debut playing at a Twenty20 International against Pakistan in Melbourne in February 2010.
Furthermore, he also made his One Day International debut against West Indies. During the 2010 ICC World Twenty20, team Australia made the runners-up where Steve took 11 wickets in seven matches.
Similarly, during the tour of South Africa 2014, Smith made four centuries throughout the tournament. In addition, he made his first century against South Africa with 233 runs.
Likewise, talking about his test matches, Steve made an impressive 6,199 runs in the 64 matches, making a total of 23 centuries and 24 half-centuries.
1. Sir Garfield Sober Trophy in 2015.
2. Wisden Cricketers of the Year in 2015.
3. ICC Test Player of the Year in 2015 and 2017.
4. ICC Men’s Test Player of the Decade from 2011 to 2020.
5. ICC Men’s Test Team of the Decade from 2011 to 2020.
6. ICC Test Team of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2019.
7. ICC ODI Team of the Year in 2015.
8. Allan Border Medal in 2015, 2018, and 2021.
9. Australian Test Player of the Year in 2015 and 2018.
10. Australian One Day International Player of the Year in 2015 and 2021.
11. Compton-Miller Medal in 2017-18 and 2019.
12. McGilvary Medal in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.
13. Steve Waugh Award in 2009-10 and 2011-12.
Records and Achievements
1. Fastest Australian batsman and sixth-fastest batsman in the world to reach 10,000 runs in International cricket.
2. Fastest batsman to reach 7,000 runs in Tests.
3. The second-fastest batsman, youngest Australian, and fourth youngest overall to reach 6,000 runs in Tests.
4. Only second batsman to score more than 1,000 runs in Test cricket in four consecutive calendar years.
5. The first batsman to register ten successive scores of 50 or more against a single opponent in Test history.
6. The second-highest Test batting rating (947), behind Don Bradman’s 961 on 30th December 2017.
7. Only player to win the ICC Test Player of the Year award more than once.
8. Second youngest batsman to top the ICC Test Batting rankings.
9. Most consecutive 50+ scores in World Cup history with five such scores in the 2015 Cricket World Cup.
10. Youngest player to win the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy.
11. Fastest batsman after Donald Bradman to reach 25 test centuries in 119 Innings.
12. The fifth player to win the Allan Border Medal more than once.
13. The first cricketer to win the McGilvary Medal four times.
14. Names as ICC Test batsman of 2010’s.
Personal Life of Steve Smith
This talented Australian cricketer is currently living a happy married life along with his gorgeous wife, Danielle Wills.
Unfortunately, the love story between these two love birds is not known. However, Steve and Danielle exchanged their vows and tied knots on the 25th of September, 2018.
Smith believes that marriage is the only good thing that has happened for him in 2018.
During the pandemic, Steve and Danielle had to have distance between them due to the matches in India. But, the couple stayed strong through communication and held their marriage.
As of now, this lovely couple has been together for nine years. However, they haven’t yet thought of having a child and becoming parents.
How much is Steve Smith’s Net Worth?
One of the most popular and highest-earning Australian cricketers, Steve Smith, is having a great career earning an impressive amount of money.
After over a decade of professional career, Smith has surely accumulated a huge amount of net worth.
Similarly, as of 2021, the total estimated net worth of Steve Smith is around $21 Million, which is an impressive amount of net worth.
Likewise, this Australian cricketer makes around $3 Million per year and $250 thousand per month from his cricket career.
Besides his cricket career, Smith also makes extra income from brand endorsement deals and sponsorships.
Therefore, Steve, along with his wife, is currently living a happy and comfortable married life.
Social Media Presence
One of the world-famous cricketers, Steve Smith, is followed by millions of fans worldwide.
Similarly, this cricketer is an active social media user who is available on multiple platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Well, Smith is mostly active on his Instagram, where he frequently keeps posting his pictures of both personal and professional life.
Likewise, he has around 2.8 Million followers in his Instagram account with over 500+ posts. Similarly, Smith is also active on his Twitter and Facebook accounts with 1.8 Million followers and 5.7 Million followers, respectively.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Steve Smith married?
Yes, Australian Cricketer Steve Smith is a married man who is married Danielle Wills on September 15, 2018.
How many Steve Waugh Awards has Steve Smith won?
Steve Smith has won four Steve Waugh Awards in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
Where is Steve Smith playing currently?
Steve Smith is currently playing for New South Wales as of his domestic team.