Early Life Of Dhoni
Mahendra Singh Dhoni was born on 7 July 1981 in Ranchi, which was city of Bihar. But now it comes state of Jharkhand. His father’s name is Pan Singh and mother’s name is Devaki.
By the way, Dhoni’s home town is Laoli, in Almora district of Uttarakhand. But her father Pan Singh’s job took place in the junior management group at MECON Company. Due to which his entire family had to shift to Ranchi.
Along with Dhoni, he also has a sister named Jayanti. And there is also a brother named Narendra.
Dhoni started his studies from DAV Bihar Vidya College, Shyamali Ranchi. Even though Dhoni was known as a successful cricketer. But as a child, he was very fond of badminton and football.
Dhoni as a Footballer
And till that time he had not given much thought to cricket. He was so good at football that he started playing matches in the district and club level. He used to play such a goalkeeper in his team.
After performing well at the goalkeeper, his coach advised him to play cricket. Although Dhoni had never played cricket, he surprised everyone with his wicket keeping.
Dhoni Career Started as a cricketers
And became the regular wicketkeeper of the Commando Cricket Club. He was selected for the Vinoo Makhan Trophy under-16 during 1997, 98 due to his good performance at the Cricket Club. Where he gave tremendous performance.
Dhoni was a big fan of Sachin Tendulkar and Adam Krrish. He used to have long long hair in his early days. Because he likes Bollywood actor John Abraham.
Dhoni Becomes TT
And in the meantime he gave an interest exam for TT and he got selected in it. After that he worked as TT from 2001 to 2003 at Kharakpur station of Dhoni South Railway. People who work with Dhoni reveal that he was a good hearted person. And performed their responsibilities well.
Entry In ICC Cricket
So friends, let us tell you that there is a team of BCCI, which looks for the best cricketer from small cities. And Prakash Kohda’s eye from one team went to Dhoni. And he selected Dhoni to play at the national level. Friends, tell us that Prakash Kohda has been the captain of Bengal team.
MS Dhoni’s greatest success came when he was selected for India A in 2003. And he went to Kenya to play the tri-series.
Where the Pakistan team also came. He performed brilliantly in this series. And he chased Pakistan’s 223 runs, he scored a half-century and helped the Indian team win the match.
T 20 I Cricket:-
- Most matches as captain in T20Is – 72
- Most wins in T20I as captain – 41
- Most consecutive T20I innings without a duck – 84
- Most matches in T20I history as both captain and wicket-keeper – 72
- Dhoni holds the record for playing the most T20I innings – 76 and scored the most runs – 1,153 before scoring a fifty.
- Most catches as wicket-keeper in T20Is – 54
- Most dismissals as wicket-keeper in T20Is – 87
- Most stumpings as wicket-keeper in T20Is – 33
- Most catches as wicket keeper in a T20I innings – 5
- International records (combined ODI, Test and T20I)
- Most international matches as captain – 332
- Dhoni is the first, and so far only, wicket-keeper to effect 150 stumping dismissals across the three forms of the game. His current total of stumpings in internationals stands at 161.
- First Non-Australian captain (and Third world) won 100 games in total.
- First Indian Captain and fifth World to hit 200 sixes in ODIs.
- First Indian Captain whoes not outs in ODIs – 82
- MS has the Sixth highest battings average (52.09) with over 5,000 runs.
- Fourth Indian to reach 10,000 ODI runs.
- Only player to score more than one hundred in ODI cricket when batting at number 7 position or lower – 2
- The first player to pass 10,000 runs in ODI cricket with a career average of over 50.
- Highest score by a wicket-keeper in ODIs – 183* vs SL
- Most career runs in ODI history when batting at number 6 position – 4031
- India’s highest eighth wicket partnership in ODIs – 100 runs not out, Dhoni and Bhuvneshwar Kumar.
- Played the most matches in ODI history as captain who has also served as a wicket-keeper – 200
- Most unbeaten innings and highest average in successful ODI run-chases.
- The first Indian wicket-keeper to take 300 ODI catches and the fourth wicket-keeper in the world to achieve this feat.
- Most dismissals in an innings by an Indian Wicket Keeper – 6
- Most dismissals in a career by an Indian Wicket Keeper career – 432
- Most stumping by any wicket-keeper in an ODI career – 120
Also Read |David Warner Net Worth, Age, Wife, Ipl, Bio
Test Cricket Records:-
- Led India to #1. ICC Test cricket rankings for the first time, in 2009.
- First Indian keeper completed 4,000 Test match runs.
- Most successful Indian captain 27 Test match wins.
- Third highest score as a Indian captain – 224 run against Australia in Chennai.
- Test match defeats by an Indian captain – 15.
- Fastest century scored by an Indian keeper, and fourth all World – 148 v pakistan
- First 50 sixes by an Indian captain.
- Most stumping by any wicket-keeper in a Test career – 38
- ICC ODI Player of the Year: 2008, 09
- ICC World ODI XI: 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 (captain in 2009, 2011 to 2014)
- ICC World Test XI: 2009, 2010, 2013
- Castrol Indian Cricketer of the Year: 2011
Other honours and awards
- MTV Youth Icon of the Year: 2006
- LG People’s Choice Award: 2013
- Honorary doctorate degree by De Montfort University in August,2011
MS Dhoni : Awards and Accolades
- 2018: Padma Bhushan, India’s third-highest civilian award.
- 2009: Padma Shri, India’s fourth-highest civilian award.
- 2007−2008: Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India’s highest honor given for achievement in sports.
Dhoni’s services were contracted by the Chennai Super Kings in 2008 for US $ 1.5 million in the inaugural season of the IPL. He was the most expensive player in the IPL first season auction. Dhoni captained the Chennai Super Kings to win the 2010 and 2011 and 2018 Indian Premier League titles and the 2010 and 2014 Champions League T20 titles.
Dhoni reached the international stage when the Indian ODI team was struggling to find the wicketkeeper-batsman. We saw the arrival of the wicketkeeper / batsman from the junior ranks like Rahul Dravid and then Parthiv Patel and Dinesh Karthik in the 2000s. But they did not fit the team combination well. This was followed by Dhoni, who was selected for the ODI team for the tour of Bangladesh in 2004/05.
Dhoni Captaincy :
In June 2013, when India Losses Champions Trophy by England in the final of the in England, Dhoni became the first captain for india to win all three ICC limited-overs trophies ( Champions Trophy , World Twenty20 and World Cup). After taking up the Test captaincy in 2008, he led the team to series wins in New Zealand and the West Indies, and the Border-Gavaskar Trophy in 2008, 2010 and 2013.
World Cup winning Captain
MS Dhoni is the two-time World Cup winning captain of India, who led the team to victory on two occasions which included two different formats. He led a young Indian team to a first-ever T20 World Cup victory in South Africa in 2007.
Dhoni earned India a second ODI World Cup win in 2011. He was also awarded Man of the Match in the final against Sri Lanka. 91 not out.The bat that Dhoni used in the final match was auctioned for ₹ 72 lakh. All the money went to the Sakshi Rawat Foundation which was run by Dhoni’s wife Sakshi Rawat to help the orphans.
MS Dhoni retirement
On the evening of August 15, the entire cricket fraternity was left stunned as Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who last played for India in July 2019, announced his abrupt retirement from international cricket.
MS Dhoni : Movie
In 2016, a biographical film was made in the Bollywood industry called MS Dhoni: The Untold Story. The film featured a dramatic translation of Dhoni’s life and was directed by Neeraj Pandey. Dhoni was played by actor Sushant Singh Rajput. The film was a huge success.
MS Dhoni Net Worth
MS Dhoni Net Worth and Salary has a $111 Million (Rs. 780 crores estimated). He is getting $4 Million as a salary by playing cricket from the Indian team. He takes $1.5 Million as a salary from Chennai Super Kings Team in the Indian Premier League (IPL).Ms Dhoni Net worth increasing 10% per Annum
MS Dhoni salary
So how much the Dhoni earn? According to his BCCI contract, Dhoni earns Rs 1 crore annually as his fixed retainer fee, besides earning Rs 5 lakh for playing a test match, Rs 3 lakh for playing an ODI and Rs 1.5 lakh for T20
MS Dhoni Wife (Who is the wife of MS Dhoni)
Sakshi Dhoni was born as ‘Sakshi Singh Rawat’ on 19 November 1988 (age 30 years; as in 2018) in the Guwahati city of Assam. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio. Shakshi Dhoni As A Child. She went to Welham Girls’ School in Dehradun, Uttrakhand and completed her schooling from Jawahar Vidya Mandir in Ranchi, Jharkhand.
How Old Is MS Dhoni
Mahendra Singh Dhoni, is a former Indian international cricketer who captained the Indian national team in limited-overs formats from 2007 to 2016 and in Test cricket from 2008 to 2014. He is now 39 years old (2020)